Date: Sunday, March 17, 2019 | Time: 6:15 p.m. (after parade)
We’d love to have you and your team join the Young Professionals of Talbot County by registering for the Potato Race on Washington Street immediately after the St. Patrick’s Day Parade.
Potato Race Rules & Information
Start/Finish: The race will start at the crosswalk in front of the courthouse. Race will be run entirely on Washington St., between Dover St. and Goldsborough St. Please be ready to race immediately after the parade.
- This is a 4-person relay race (with elimination heats as necessary). No more than six (6) teams will run at one time.
- Name of FIRST PLACE winner will be engraved on race trophy.
- There is a prize for BEST TEAM SPIRIT as well.
- Winner is first team across finish line with potato.
- Contestant must stop and pick up potato if it falls on the ground. Contestants may not resume race until potato is balanced on the spoon.
- Transfers at the assigned relay points must be made spoon-to-spoon and may not be transferred by hand.
- Contestants may not hold potatoes with any body part during the race, nor any other contraption.
- Potatoes shall not be mutilated or altered. Spoons SHALL NOT be inserted into the potato.
- Decision of Race Judge is FINAL.